Have you ever felt like me to please GOD in all you say and do? My everyday prayer is that my words, thoughts, and actions be pleasing to GOD. I know most Christians would want to live a Godly life.
Do you know that there’s a list of things GOD hates? GOD has given them very clearly in the Bible in Proverbs 6:16-19 (NLT),
16 There are six things the Lord hates—
no, seven things he detests:
17 haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that kill the innocent,
18 a heart that plots evil,
feet that race to do wrong,
19 a false witness who pours out lies,
a person who sows discord in a family.
Lets meditate on them.
1. Haughty Eyes/Proud look – GOD hates pride. Here are few verses you can meditate Proverbs: 11:2,13:10, 16:18, 21:24, 29:23
In the mouth of a fool is a rod of pride, But the lips of the wise will preserve them.Prov: 14:3
It’s better to not come under the category of a fool by being prideful. Let’s choose to be humble in all our ways
2. Lying Tongue – GOD hates lying and HE hates liars, be it black or white lie. HE says that the devil is the father of lies and when you lie you are his sons and daughters. That is pretty scary in itself. I would never ever want to be called that way, and I’m sure you wouldn’t too.
“You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. ” John 8:44 NKJV
But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” Revelation 21:8 NKJV
Some of the other verses are Proverbs: 14:5,25,19:5,9, I Timothy: 4:2
One more surprising truth is found in the below verse,
If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? I John 4:20 NKJV
Its not an easy one but if you want to please GOD, better not to hate anyone or tell lies.
3. Murderer – GOD is the giver of life and it is only HE who has authority to take it. Cain was the first murderer. JESUS tells us in I John 3:15 that those who hate their own brother is a murder. So even if you don’t kill someone physically, but you hate someone, not necessarily your own brother, you still fall under the same category of murders.
Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. I John 3:15 NKJV
4. Evil Heart– In Jeremiah : 17:9, Mathew: 15:19 the Bible clearly states that out of the heart comes evil desires.
“The heart is more deceitful than all else And is desperately sick; Who can understand it?Jr : 17:9
For from the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, all sexual immorality, theft, lying, and slander. Mt :15:19
Surrender your hearts to JESUS and ask HIM to guard your heart against all evil according to the below verse.
Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.Proverbs :4:23
The heart is the source, if its well guarded then it will produce good fruits if not then it becomes the source of all evil.
5. Wrongdoing – Also known as quick in doing evil. Genesis 39:12 says Joseph ran from temptation. He did not run towards it but ran from it. Also GOD says in 2 Timothy 2:22 and Psalm: 37:27-29 to run from evil. How often do we stick around close to the flares of temptation just to be consumed by its flames? GOD clearly wants us to RUN from doing wrong and from giving in to temptations.
27 Turn from evil and do good;
then you will dwell in the land forever.
28 For the Lord loves the just
and will not forsake his faithful ones.
Wrongdoers will be completely destroyed[a];
the offspring of the wicked will perish.
29 The righteous will inherit the land
and dwell in it forever.Psalms: 37:27-29
Today examine your walk, whether you run towards evil by wrongdoing or towards good by doing Godly things.
6. False witness – The simple definition of false witness is “A person who deliberately gives false testimony”.
“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. Exodus : 20:16
I’m sure most of us would be unaware of false witness, now how can we relate this to our day to day life? Being a false witness does also mean to spread false rumors or gossip about someone. Gossip has become a common thing among believers but GOD warns us about gossip in several verses, some of them are Exodus 23:1, Leviticus :19:16, James :4: 11, Proverbs: 16:28, 18:8,20:19, Psalms :34:13
And besides they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house, and not only idle but also gossips and busybodies, saying things which they ought not. I Timothy 5:13 NKJV
Let us make the below verse our prayer,
Set a guard over my mouth, LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips. Psalms :141:3
7.One who sows discord- As Children of the most High GOD we are called to be Peacemakers and ones that unite and not divide people. GOD hates people who sow discord in a family, workplace or anywhere. The below verses clearly state to keep out such division makers out of Church – Romans: 16:17,18, Titus: 3:10.
As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him. Titus: 3:10
Let us make it a point to meditate on these verses and to live a life completely pleasing to the LORD. Ask the HOLY SPIRT to lead you and guide you in your desire to please HIM.
Let’s start pleasing GOD in our day to day life!!!!