Happy New Year!!!
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness. Lamentations:3:22-23(ESV)
New Year begins with new hopes, new expectations, new goals, new habits for some of us and for others its just the same routine with another new month. Many of us start making resolutions which we strive hard to keep while some of us don’t bother making resolutions when we know we might fail keeping them.
Wherever you stand today, know that everyday is a new day and GOD’s mercies are new every morning. Even as we have completed half of January, let’s review ourselves. Let’s take time to reflect on our journey so far.
Personally I always would like to start the New Year as a fresh start for my life. I do acknowledge that I’m quite not good at keeping my resolutions, but I like to try to get better at it. One of the things I like to do is stop carrying the negative things of last year into the new year, things that bothered me, things that made me sad or slowed me down.
Heres a list of things you can focus on getting better this year.
- Quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry – Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. James:1:19
- Love unconditionally, specially the tough ones – But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! Mathew:5:44
- Not to speak anything negative about anyone – Do not grumble against one another, brothers, so that you may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing at the door. James :1:9
- Stop complaining – Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. I Th:5:18
- Be Patient- Be patient with everyone. I Th:5:14
- Choose to be happy- Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.Phil:4:4
Try making your own list and challenge yourself to keep them. One of the things that can motivate you is to think of the reward and think about the smile you will bring to the Father GOD.
For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.Phil:4:13
Have a great and productive year 2019!!!