This is the perfect time to look back at the Year 2019 and thank GOD for all HIS blessings showered upon our lives.
I love this old hymn ‘Count your blessings’,
Its always best to end the year with an attitude of gratitude and sail into the New Year with the same thankful attitude.
I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness;I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High. Ps:7:17
I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. Ps: 9:1
I will give you thanks in the great assembly; among the throngs I will praise you. Ps: 35:18
2019 could have been a great year for some and for the rest of us with a lot of bumps and hardships. For some of us it could have been a year of plenty and rest, while for rest of us a year of lack and hard work. For some good health but for the rest of us sickness.
Personally our family has gone through loss and I have seen others go through the loss of beloved family members. But through it all remains a sense of gratefulness and thankfulness for GOD’s faithfulness. HE sees us through it all and HE is faithful to carry us through.
Its just not the good things that happen in life but also the bad that brings us a step closer to HIM. Its thankfulness that magnifies GOD’s power and glory than an attitude of complaining and ungratefulness. I have found out that, when you are in your most desperate situation you think of GOD’s goodness and start praising HIM for what HE has already done in your life, that brings the hope and joy for an imminent miracle in your life. I could testify so many things that has happened in my life where an attitude of thankfulness has brought about great change to my current miserable situation.
Joblessness, sickness, loneliness, failure, poverty are some of the millstones that can drag you into your deepest sea of depression but an attitude of gratefulness can be a life saving boat that will lead you to GOD’s goodness and to HIS eternal joy.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations. Ps: 100:4-5
Praise the Lord.Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
his love endures forever. Ps: 106:1
Here are some tips to end the Year 2019,
- Take your journal and jot down all the good things happened to you each month starting from January to December.
- Spend some quite time in the LORD’s Presence thanking HIM for HIS goodness.
- If you cant remember anything to be thankful for, start with “Thank YOU LORD that I’m still alive”
- Thank HIM for good health, family, children, friends and HIS Provision.
- Thank GOD for HIS love, HIS SON, HIS HOLY SPIRIT, Salvation & eternal life
- Thank HIM in advance for HIS mercies for 2020.
- Thank HIM that you have food on your table, a roof over your head and clothes to keep you warm.
- Thank HIM for HIS promises and faithfulness, that no matter what HE will never leave us nor forsake us.
- Thank HIM that you are not alone and that HE is always carrying you.
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don’t forget to thank him for his answers. 7 If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus.