11 For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people. 12 And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God, 13 while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed. 14 He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds. Titus :2:11- 14
In the above passage Apostle Paul urges us to turn from our godless ways and sinful pleasures. Its very very important that we live a godly life.
Today we spend so much of our time and energy in getting a healthy lifestyle by altering our diets and exercising whether be it swimming, running or going to the gym. Though its painful and time consuming we still enjoy doing it bearing in mind the fruit it will bear.If we faithfully try to do it inorder to stay healthy, how much more should we concentrate on our spiritual lifestyle. Training our mind to godliness in other words exercising spiritually is most important as it has benefits not only for our present but for eternity.
“Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.” I Tim:4:8
I have come up with the below list from 1 Thessalonians 5 and I Timothy 3 and 4.
Please click on this link to take a printout and put it beside your desk or wherever you can see daily and read through it and try to apply it in your daily life —>Spiritual Exercise
Reminding ourselves daily helps us turn it into a habit and before you know it will become part of you.
- Honour those who are your leaders in the Lord’s work
- Live peacefully with each other.
- Warn those who are lazy
- Encourage those who are timid
- Take tender care of those who are weak
- Be patient with everyone
- See that no one pays back evil for evil, but always try to do good to each other and to all people.
- Always be joyful.
- Never stop praying.
- Be thankful in all circumstances
- Do not stifle the Holy Spirit
- Do not scoff at prophecies
- Test everything that is said
- Hold on to what is good
- Stay away from every kind of evil
- You wives must accept the authority of your husbands
- You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit
- Husbands must give honour to your wives
- You should be of one mind
- Sympathize with each other
- Love each other as brothers and sisters
- Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude
- Don’t repay evil for evil
- Don’t retaliate with insults when people insult you- instead, pay them back with a blessing, that is what God has called you to do, and he will grant you his blessing
- Keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from telling lies
- Turn away from evil and do good
- Search for peace, and work to maintain it
- If someone asks about your hope as a believer, always be ready to explain it
- Keep your conscience clear
- Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins
- Cheerfully share your home with those who need a meal or a place to stay
- Keep on doing what is right, and trust your lives to the God who created you, for he will never fail you
GOD promises blessing and long lives even as you obey HIS commands. I would like to finish with the below verses.
23 Now may the God of peace make you holy in every way, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again. 24 God will make this happen, for he who calls you is faithful. 1 Thes:5:23,24
11 So we keep on praying for you, asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy of his call. May he give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do. 12 Then the name of our Lord Jesus will be honored because of the way you live, and you will be honored along with him. This is all made possible because of the grace of our God and Lord, Jesus Christ. 2 Thes:1:11,12
Be encouraged and start your spiritual exercise today. The Holy Spirit will guide and help you in every step of the way.
Have a great day!!!